Monday, September 7, 2009

Oregon Trip

So we are back. Well at least for a few days. We got back from Yachats, Oregon on Sunday. We had such a fabulous time. I wish we could have stayed longer. I know that some of you might not understand the purpose of a beach vacation where the beach isn't totally warm and the water isn't perfect, but after a long hot Vegas summer the Oregon coast is wonderful.

For a more complete view of the trip you can follow this link
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d5445794e4455344f54593d0d0a&blogview=true.

Here are the top 5 things I learned while playin' on the beach.

#5 Running is the purest form of exercise. It engages your legs, arms, stomach--just about everything. It gives the mind time to clear and ponder. Running on the beach is like the cherry on top. Trust me on this. Pick up your running shoes and give it a go. You'll love it too.

#4 Kids don't need sleep. I wouldn't believe this to be true, but I tested it and kids can use less sleep than adults. They love to wake up early and play hard. They actually enjoy waking mom and dad up and not waiting for the parents to come to them.

#3 A little dirt doesn't hurt anyone. I pride myself on the idea that my kids look cute and clean--not the snotty little buggers that seem to run all over the place and land their grubby little hands everywhere. However, after this vacation that is all out the window. Morgan and Garrett had sand everywhere. We just ended up letting Morgan run wild in her diaper. It was easier than using the stain stick at the end of every night.

#2 What do you think the best human invention is? The pyramids of Egypt? The Taj Mahal of India? No you are wrong. The Peanut M&M. There could not be a more tasty little treat. Chocolate goodness mixed with salty crunchy peanuts---yum, yum, yum. I think ate the entire 5 lb. bag myself. Sorry Lower family.

#1 Kids make a family complete. They get cranky, unreasonable, and rambunctious. They want what they want when they want it. They get dirty and don't pay attention to what they put in their mouths. And they give kisses and hugs and ask you to read stories and sing them songs and play with baby dolls and toy cars. They fall asleep on your lap and want mom and dad when they get hurt.

This trip has many moments that will forever be a treasured memory. I love the all different stages of a child's life, but I want time to freeze too. Does that make sense? I fear that I will wake up one day and Garrett and Morgan will be grown and they won't want mom when they get hurt or they won't want a story or a song or their baby doll. I feel time moving to quickly and I can't get in all the moments that I want them remember or all the things that I want to teach them. I know that right now I am being a little sappy, but I love those little kids. Does every parent feel this way?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you guys had a great time--Oregon is a blast! my Ryan and Morgan should run around in their diapers together--it is like "green" play time--they are in their natural and earthy state:)

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

YES! Every parent does feel that way, (or at least should), and in the twinkling of an eye, they are grown. Enjoy every moment and make memories you will all laugh, smile, and cry about forever!

Lysle and Kamiko said...

miss you Jamie...you're kids are growing like crazy! I love the book and candy idea...super cute!

outside the Logan Temple

outside the Logan Temple

My temple outfit

My temple outfit