So this year Ryan and I made the decision not to get each other anything for Christmas and instead spend the money going on a trip--of course the kids totally scored because they got gifts and a trip. We absolutely made the right decision. Our beloved Buckeyes made it to the Rose Bowl and we have a good friend who was able to get us tickets to the game. We ended up getting 6 tickets so we took Grandpa Mike and Grandma Dorothy. We have done the LA thing a few times so we decided to base ourselves out of Santa Barbara. It was fabulous!!! The weather was perfect and a hotel right on the beach was wonderful for our 2 little beach babies. Garrett and Morgan love the beach so they were in heaven. Morgan kept pointing to the ocean from our hotel room saying, "A big fish." Of course the whole extravaganza was complimented by an outstanding Ohio State victory. What 4 and 2 year old do you know, get to go to the Rose Bowl?? Lucky little fetchers. Morgan looked too cute in her Ohio State cheerleader outfit. I started counting how many people asked me if they could take her picture. I think the number totaled about 15. She is in photo albums across America now. Garrett is a total ladies man. At the end of the game we were waiting for everyone to file out and Garrett scooted over to a few Ohio State co-eds and laid on the charm. They thought he was adorable. He would fit right into a frat house. It was kind of a crazy experience. Parking for the game was right on the golf course--I literally mean on the golf course. Imagine thousands of cars tailgating on the golf course. Crazy. A vendor came by that was painting faces so Morgan and I got matching "O's"--$10 a face, but isn't it all part of the experience? Later Morgan fell asleep on Ryan and most of her "O" rubbed off. All and all the kids were really good during they game--but how can you not be when you have lemonade ice, cotton candy, hot dogs, soda pop, m&m's, Airheads, peanuts etc? Anyone could be happy with that kind of calorie count. Here are a few of our pics from our New Year's trip. GO BUCKS!!!
I love the pics! So happy you got to see Iowa State play. just kidding I know it's OHIO! I'm sorry we missed seeing you over Christmas, maybe in the summer? That would be super duper! Love ya! Krissy
Ryan and Jamie met in 1994 and were married in 1997. Both are graduates of Utah State University. After college we moved to Columbus, Ohio and became offical Buckeyes. We loved every minute we lived in Columbus. After Ryan graduated from law school we moved across country again. We now live in Las Vegas, NV. In 2005 we were able to adopt Garrett. In 2008 we were blessed again with the adoption of our little girl Morgan.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. I am jealous!
I love the pics! So happy you got to see Iowa State play.
just kidding I know it's OHIO! I'm sorry we missed seeing you over Christmas, maybe in the summer? That would be super duper!
Love ya! Krissy
that is AWESOME--we are completely jealous! The kids look great and the trips looks totally worth it--good for you guys!
Just checking in you. So we were in LA that same week. Chad went to the Rose Bowl with his dad and brother in laws. Wish we could have seen you!
Post a Comment