Saturday, November 1, 2008

Game Day

We had a wonderful Halloween. It started off a little shaky because we have been focusing on potty training Garrett this week. I just about lost my mind but Garrett pulled through for me yesterday. It is a little difficult when it is 86 degrees to feel like it is fall and get into the spirit of Halloween. We went to the ward trunk or treat--Morgan loved seeing all the costumes, Garrett hated it. But, when we went inside the church for the games and spook alley he was loving it. Then we went over to Trish and Caleb's for more trick or treating. This is when Garrett's true character took over. He was totally on cue. He was a little crack up. He was saying funny/cute things to all the people at the houses we went trick or treating. Of course this earned him extra treats at most houses. In case you wondered what a football loving family dresses up like for Halloween--an Ohio State football player and cheerleader! What else would they be? Halloween was a hit in the Lower household. Bring on next year.





Ryan and I went to Columbus, Ohio last weekend--without the kids. We had a fabulous time. Stayed up late, slept in, went out to eat without diaper bags, sippy cups, or toys. It was wonderful. Of course we really missed the kids and were excited to get back home. The Ohio State football game was a heart breaker and I wanted to push a couple of loud-mouth Penn State fans off their bench but I did keep myself composed and kept that thought to myself. Ryan and I were able to get one picture in front of "The Shoe"--nickname for Ohio Stadium. It was taken prior to kickoff. That is why we still look hopeful. Oh' well. The Buckeyes, like the South, will rise again!!

7 comments:

Camie said...

your kids look so cute in their outfits!!!! I love it.

stewart.shana.ella said...

They looked so cute last night at the trunk or treat:)

The Teeples said...

We miss you guys already. I adore the kids Halloween costumes. You guys are the best Buckeye fans around.

jenae nae said...

THEY LOOK SOOO SOO CUTE--

jenhartle said...

Cute costumes! Potty training is a hard thing, but sooooo nice when they finally catch on. Good luck!

angie said...

Your children are so adorable!! What a blessing in your lives! It was so much fun to see what the Lower family has been up to! It has been too long since we were able to get together. I love blogs! No, there will not be any kids in 9 months! The prom was a blast though. I will check back often!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE.....PENN STATE! Push me, I dare you! ha, ha! Okay, I did feel bad you went all that way to Ohio just to have your heart broken. I am nothing if not compassionate, right?

outside the Logan Temple

outside the Logan Temple

My temple outfit

My temple outfit