Black eye. No I didn't get into a fight with the neighborhood street tuffs. I play on an indoor soccer team and I went to head the ball when a girl from the other team threw her head back and wham...the back of her head hit my cheek bone. This picture is actually the eye in recovery.

Cedar City Trip. We love Cedar. Getting out the the Vegas heat and heading to more arctic weather is heaven. The El Ray hotel is our fav. The kids LOVE the pool there and it is a great location for walking to the Shakespearean festival. FYI--don't go to the Cedar City 4th of July Parade. Totally lame. No floats. Minimal candy.
Jamie turned 32. Are you kidding me? 32?! Do you believe that I could actually be this old. I still feel like I should sport my cheer skirt and rule the halls of Sky View High. But, it is true. I am now the 32 year-old mother of two who plans play dates, thinks "doing my hair" is using a brown elastic for my ponytail instead of my good ole' black stand by, and looks forward to trips to Target. What happened?? Did I lose my sass?
Garrett turned 4. I already blogged this but I still am amazed how fast the past 4 years have gone by. We got him a motorized jeep--which he loves. Morgan likes to hop in the passenger and they go cruzin'.


Trip to Preston/Cache Valley. I'm sure many of you have a hard time believing this, but Preston is the best. I just love it. Ryan and I spent a few happy years living in Preston. The last weekend of July the rodeo and carnival come to town. Three days of carnie fun. 3 nights of parades. What parade throws candy, toilet paper, notebooks, go-gurts, string cheese, chocolate milk, frisbees, t-shirts, and Pepsi?? I challenge you to find a better p-rade--not going to happen! We also had family pictures taken with my family (all 24 of us) and Ryan's family--same day I might add. Garrett and Morgan were pictured out. During the trip up north I got a girl's day. My sisters, mom, and I went to the Gateway center for lunch and an afternoon of shopping. It was fabulous--rarely happens that we can all spare an afternoon and get enough babysitters. I bought the most amazing jacket/coat at Anthropology. It is to die for adorable. I just need the weather to cool down about 50 degrees before I can wear it.

The last part of the trip was spent working. MaddieMorgan went to the fair. We sold our hair accessories at the Cache County fair--beautifying the population one head at a time. We did really well and loved all our new fair friends that we made. You might wonder where Ryan was during all the excitement. He came for the first weekend but then headed home to work while the kids and I played. Before you feel sorry for him, he went camping with friends for the second weekend that we were gone. He went camping/hiking in the mountains above Beaver, Utah. Loved it. Had a great time. Spent quality male time with his camping gear that he feels he neglects.

Well, we are back in Vegas now. The summer has flown by but we still have two more trips to take before it is a complete end. Oregon and Ohio here we come!
3 comments:
Jamie--1. the jacket is fabulous, I can't wait to see you in it! 2. totally jealous of all the carni food you ate--I only go for the food. 3. Jason is going to go crazy when he sees Garretts jeep. You guys are awesome--go Buckeyes!
Nice eye, that actually happen to me playing indoor too. Mr. Buys across the street pulled me aside and wanted to know if Darron was beating me, seriously.
Sorry we didn't make it over to see you. Rodeo time is so crazy. Darron actually got put in as YM pres, so they set him and all the others apart after church. By the time we were done it was time for Ryan to go to the airport. Let me know next time you're coming.
Your kids are so cute.
The eye looks like it hurts, but the indoor soccer sounds fabulous. Jamie your kids are growing up so fast! It does seem like yesterday that we were in high school. Where does the time go?
Post a Comment