Sunday, February 15, 2009
"That Mom"
I never thought that it would happen, but it has. I am "that mom." You know the mom that allows her children to wear the ugly character clothes like Hannah Montana or Winnie the Pooh. Before I had kids I vowed that my future children would always be clean, have perfect hair, and well dressed. I no longer kid myself about that theory. Well, last week Ryan's mom and grandma came to visit and I had a rare outing with Garrett by myself. No Lu-Lu. For those of you out of the loop, Lu-Lu is Morgan. Garrett nick named her Morgan Lu-Lu and so now she pretty much just goes by Lu-Lu. Anyway, on with the story. Morgan needed a new pair of white shoes and so Garrett thought that he needed a new pair of shoes also. He so-o-o didn't need shoes but oh' well. While I was picking out shoes for Morgan, Garrett went looking for himself. Guess what kind he picked out......the ugly Velcro batman sneakers that flash when he walks. I know what you are thinking, "Don't do it Jamie!" He begged and pleaded like I have never hear before. He got tears in his eyes and everything. Thinking a few moments of excitement would make him forget all about the flashing sneakers, I put them in the cart and finished shopping. While we headed down the rest of the isles, I secretively put the shoes back. We get to check-out and Garrett asked about his new shoes. I contemplated lying to him in hopes that by the time we got home he would forget again but I decided to tell him that I put them back. MISTAKE! The tears came back in full force and he even put his hands together like he was praying to the Saint of all Shoes and said, "Please Mom. I'll be a good boy and never ask for anything ever again." How could I say no? You guessed it. We walked out of the store with those ugly Velcro batman flashing sneakers. So yes. I am "that mom" that allows her child to wear the hideous cartoon character shoes that you promised yourself would never happen. If you see Garrett and the shoes, don't judge me. At least Morgan will let me dress her up and pick out her clothes. I guess it is only a matter of time before she will want to wear the "ugly" clothes too.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
outside the Logan Temple
My temple outfit
4 comments:
I am with you, but I have managed to hold out for 9 years...My mother in law has threatened, but has yet to follow through. I am also with you on Morgan. Lily has an obscene amount of clothes and 24 pair of size five shoes. I have a bit of an addiction. Your kids are so cute, and I am very jealous that you have sunshine and grass. I hope its all good with you.
Oh the pics make me WISH WE lived in Vegas too! Oh the SUN!!!! Such cute kids! Hope everything is good with you guys! Oh this story scares me for the day when Cruz also thinks he has a choice in his clothing... I HOPE i can stay strong! HAHA! Take Care.
Oh my gosh Garrett is so big I can't even believe it! Morgan is gorgeous! Funny thing about the shoes..guess what my mom got Kaplan for Valentines! That's right velcro SPIDERMAN shoes. Wahoo. He loves so whatever makes the kid happy right!?
i am feeling your pain.... the love for them is greater than the hatred towards winnie the poo!
Post a Comment