Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm not Perfect

Garrett is always trying to think one step ahead of me. Today during lunch Garrett decided he was done eating and spit out his corn dog onto the floor. Usually he loves anything that he can smother in ketchup. I told him that if he wasn't going to eat his lunch then he couldn't have a snack--I let Garrett have a snack and watch one of his "shows" while Morgan takes her afternoon nap. So, a little while later Morgan goes down for her nap and Garrett asks for a snack or a "nack" as he likes to say. Here is the rest of our conversation:

Garrett: "Mom want a nack please."
Jamie: "No Garrett. You didn't make a good choice. You spit out your lunch."
Garrett: "Please Mom! I not make a bad choice any more. I make a good choice. I promise."
Jamie: "You lie."
Garrett: "Mom, I'm not perfect."
Are you kidding me? Since when did my child learn to out smart his mother??? Someone please help me when he becomes a teenager. I fear this is only the beginning of smart remarks from him. But, how could I respond?

Other events that I am just getting posted:
1--This weekend we went to Zion National Park with our friends the Sechrist's--had a great time. Morgan loved her little hiking backpack.
2--Garrett's first soccer class. Cutest, fastest, most skilled kid in the class.
3--Went to White Sox vs. Cubs baseball game--played in Las Vegas. Ryan took the afternoon off work. A little spendy but, how often do wholesome family activities come to Vegas?
4--Morgan looking adorable in yet another fabulous church dress. Shabbyapple for little girls is the best!



No comments:

outside the Logan Temple

outside the Logan Temple

My temple outfit

My temple outfit